Friday, September 5, 2014

Idamu Caverns Roadmap

Idamu Caverns is successful as a game, and I'm excited about where it's going.

Unfortunately, it's not getting there as fast as necessary to pay my bills.  It's likely that it will be a year or more before the game is generating sufficient income to support the time spent continuing development.

To avoid total failure, I'll be shifting my schedule a bit to focus on other projects that should provide more short-term income.  This means that I'll be cutting back releases of Idamu Caverns to every other week.  The current development road map is as follows:

  • September 15th: new item type: ring and a few magic rings to show off the new feature
  • September 29th: basic quest code and a single quest to show off the new feature
That's as far out as I'm planning at this time.  Based on the progress of other projects, as well as the reception of the September 15th and 29th releases, I'll plan October out later this month.  Unless something changes the releases will be on the 13th and 27th of October.

If you'd like to see Idamu Caverns development move faster, there are some things you can do:
  1. The most important thing is to spread the word.  The game doesn't have enough exposure yet, and advertising is expensive.  Like/Favorite my posts about the game and share them with anyone you know who might be interested.  Talk about the game on your blog or convince others to do so.  Post a positive review on the play store, or join the Google community and tell me what you don't like so I can improve it.
  2. If you can afford a few dollars a month, pitch in by becoming a Patron of the game.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the game so far.  I hope that you're enjoying playing it, and I'm looking forward to making it more enjoyable with each release.

No comments:

Post a Comment