Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ahh ... the Internet culture

Less than a day after moving my new app, This is Why I'm Right, to production, and before starting any of the launch activities (such as marketing or an actual announcement) I've got a single 1 star review.

Aviv Gelman eloquently describes the app as "BS app, remove!!!"

This guy is very serious about his review. You can tell by the number of exclamation points. Also, by the fact that he feels that Google should remove the app. Oddly, using This is Why I'm Right, I find that BS apps have more fun per download than serious apps.



So, since I'm obviously right, I'm more interested in Aviv's experience.

First off, the term "BS app" is pretty ambiguous. What does that even mean? The app does exactly what it claims it does, so it's not BS in the deceptive sense. It doesn't steal your data or crash your phone or do sneaky things, so it's not BS in the criminal sense. Since he was complaining about the free version, he can't even argue that it wasn't worth the price he paid.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the app hurt Aviv's feelings. It was inevitable, really, that some people's feelings would be hurt. When you don't get a joke, often your feelings are hurt. And sometimes when a person has hurt feelings she/he lashes out violently, with things like 1 star ratings.

I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings, Aviv. Whatever you do, please don't download any animal simulators ...

No comments:

Post a Comment